New Year Goals

I used to make new year resolutions, but - like most people - I found that after a few weeks I even forgot what I was resolving to do that year. If you are one of the few people on the planet that can actually stick to their new year resolutions, good for you! Pat yourself on the back for me. We had a breakthrough moment on our road trip (more on that in another post!) over Christmas break. My husband asked what my goals are for this year. Insert my mind being blown here. Goals? I've never thought about new year resolutions in the form of yearly goals. I'm not sure if the word resolution intimidates me or if the word itself implies that I'm being forced to give something up. Whatever it may be, I'm not a fan. But, goals? I like that word a heck of a lot more! Goals are achievable. Goals are not intimidating. Goals push you to be a better you.
 
After the initial shock that making new year goals make 10000% more sense than trying to keep new year resolutions, Khanh and I came up with four goals that we each want to accomplish during 2015. Below you can find my personal goals.
 
 
Goal 1: Publish at least one blog post per week.
If you're a blogger, you know how hard this can actually be. This goal includes finding new organizational tools and sticking to a schedule.
 
Goal 2: Finish designing my blog.
Blog design is very time consuming when you don't know any HTML code. I have to watch YouTube videos for almost everything I want to change. I could pay someone to work with me on designing my blog, but I feel like that's the easy way out - unless you have absolutely no free time. There is a sense of accomplishment and pride just knowing that I created my blog from scratch, even if it takes hours days!
 
Goal 3: Move to a different department at work.
I'm lucky enough to work for a company that wants to see their employees succeed. Moving to another department will allow me to gain important skills to further my career, learn more about the company, and ultimately end up doing what I'm passionate about.
 
Goal 4: Find a local church.
This is a goal my husband and I both share. Since Khanh and I moved across the state, we haven't found a church we can call home. Even more important to us, is finding a community within that church of young married couples. Learning about marriage, life, and God is so much easier when you have like-minded people to encourage you along the way.
 
What are some of your 2015 goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment