23 Week Bumpdate


Size of the baby: Papaya – 11.5 inches long and weighs 1.1 pounds....finally over 1 pound!
 
Biggest baby development: Lungs begin developing
 
Total weight gain: I didn't weigh myself this week. Until the last few weeks, I felt that my arms, boobs, and thighs were the only places gaining weight and you couldn't tell I was even pregnant.
 
Gender: ???
 
Maternity clothes: The good old hair tie around the button trick wasn't cutting it anymore, so I broke down and bought actual maternity jeans. I only have one pair of jeans, which is okay because I will probably have to buy shorts soon. I have a couple maternity tops, but for the most part have bought long, flowy tops from TJ Maxx – perfect for post-pregnancy too!
 
Movement: Baby has been kicking more each day – usually first thing in the morning and right before bed. It's such an awesome, but strange feeling and sometimes catches me off guard. I have been able to see the baby kick for a couple weeks now, but every time Khanh looked, the baby would stop kicking. Though he hasn't seen any kicks, he was able to feel the baby move the other night!
 
Sleep: I haven’t been sleeping very well – mainly due to not being comfortable.
 
Nursery: My Grammie and aunts bought us a crib and is now sitting in the box in the nursery. I've also bought a couple canvases for the walls.
 
Cravings: Can't get enough green olives and salt & vinegar chips.
 
Symptoms: I woke up one morning last week with sharp pain in my lower abdomen. I didn't think much of it, but around 10:00am, I finally called my OB/GYN because the pain just wasn't going away. They sent me straight to the hospital to get checked out. After doing a bunch of tests, they think I just strained a muscle and baby is fine. I was so scared when the nurse told me I had to go straight to the hospital that I started crying and made my co-worker call Khanh to let him know because he was in Cincinnati this week.
 
Khanh is: Excited and loves to talk to the baby and rub my belly.
 
Looking forward to: Our gender reveal party at the end of the month! Girl or Boy??
 
Best moments: Seeing the baby and finding out the gender during our last scheduled ultrasound. We also visited my grandpa in the hospital and the first thing he did when I walked into his recovery room was rub my belly with a huge smile on his face. That was such a special moment for me because my grandpa is one of the most important men in my life and I'm so glad he gets to see me pregnant (after all, we all know I am his favorite grandchild!)

1 comment:

  1. Another informative blog, Katie! So praying for the peace and health of your wonderful grandpa Rex! Just a great guy with great intelligence,sensitivity, and advice!! Love you. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete